Thursday, August 29, 2013

If you would have told me a year ago

I would have told you that you were crazy if you would have told me a year ago that today I would be 3.4 pounds from losing 90 pounds. I would have let you know that you were certifiable. You see last year at this time I had no self confidence and no self worth. I had tried to diet but it had never worked because I was doing the quick fad things. Losing weight is a life style change, a life long commitment to eat better and exercise more. Do I fail, absolutely but now I take those failures and use them to my advantage, not to beat up myself but to learn what triggered the event.

 This week has been one of those weeks and the picture to the left actually is a picture of sin. You see this week I ate a McDonald's Happy Meal. I know, I know it is just a Happy Meal but it was on top of my regular food, so on that day I doubled my calories. It wasn't even the lowest calorie Happy Meal (Chicken Nuggets) it was a cheeseburger happy meal and they put a regular fry in it instead of a kid fry. That's right I stuffed my mouth with it all. I might add here that even though I doubled my calories I was still below the calories I started with last October. So lets look at the triggers. Depression, lack of money (makes sense to me to spend money I don't have to feed my addiction) and lack of sleep. So now I know what the triggers are how do I fix them. Lack of money, I am in the process of finding a better job, not too many people have openings for my skills or lack there of, but I am trying. Lack of sleep isn't going to change any time too soon seeing Brenda and I are on different schedules and Depression, I am working on this one but it is a daily battle for me. I know you are saying Drew, you are so happy all the time... Even a clown wears a mask.

As you can see my transformation is coming along. I feel encouraged when I put on a piece of clothing I haven't been able to wear, this week it was jeans. Besides my fat jeans I have not been able to wear jeans for about 2 years. I had two pair in the closet just waiting for me and this week I was able to put a pair on. I am so stinking close to a 3xl shirt it isn't funny. I can get it buttoned but it bunches a little when I sit down.

 Overall I am happy with the weight loss has gone and to possible be at 90 pounds gone next week is exciting. At 100 pounds I will be half way there. at this rate it will be at the end of my 51st year that I am fit by 51 but it will happen and I will be bringing you along on the entire journey. Thank you for being my accountability partners. So until next time, I will see you on the other side. ~ Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment