Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Everything Is Going Fine Except Everything

Chris Sligh - This is Life
The fact that I have a vested interest in this album project has not swayed my opinion at all. Anyone that knows me, knows that if I think something sucks I would tell you.
This is life is an album that was worth waiting the extra time for. Chris Sligh has hit it out of the park with his 37 song 3 CD album.

"Hey I'm on top of the world and everything is fine, except everything." the beginning words of "Around Me" really sums up how all of us feel at one time or another.

The Cd's are split into three areas, Praise and worship, Love and Hope.

In CD one you actually go on a journey with Chris From Worship to praise. He covered a few classics but also wrote some originals that are so great that I know some day they will be classics themselves. Some of my favorites, in no particular order, "You meet our needs", "teach me oh God", "How Great", "Communion Song." and when you hear "Come Revive", you won't be able to stay in your seat.

In CD two we see a personal love story between Chris, his wife, his child and his Savior. Some of my favorites in the CD is the a fun song, " A Poorly written love song", "This is Life", "Around Me", and "A good man"

In CD three, one of my favorites. Chris sings of over coming hardships and hardness that life throws your way and being triumphant over them. There isn't a song I don't like on this part of the project. LOVE "Shining Down", "Just Hold On",and "Learning to fly" however its "You were born to die" that even as I type these words I am tearing up.

Friends if you don't include this CD project in your collection you are missing out. Please support his ministry, I think these songs will touch you in places you never knew where touchable.

http://chrissligh.com/

Until next time friends, I will see you on the other side ~ Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment