Thursday, August 22, 2013

Are you sitting there wanting a Big Mac while Drinking my Slim Fast... Not me

Good Morning and I am sorry I have not written in a week. Seems the ADHD has really been kicking in even making it hard for me to read my bible. It rained last night which is nice because the gardens really needed it. This morning I took a pot of sun tea out side in hopes the rain stops and the sun comes out. While I was breathing in the newly cleansed air I noticed something red over in the garden so I decided to pick it. 13 tomato's later and all my pockets full I made it back inside in time to see Brenda off to school. Its been a week of a lot of work outside just getting ready for the upcoming cold season and I have tons more to do.  God surly has blessed us with a great garden of tomato's and cucumbers this year. I can hardly wait to see what the potato's are doing, won't be long before we harvest those.

     The locusts have been sounding the last couple of days and according to folk lore that means it only 6 weeks till the first frost. I am so not ready for winter. 

As I sit here eating my 35 calorie toast with my 50 calorie peach - mango marmalade on it , I am reevaluating some of my choices this week. Because that is what I do to make myself stronger and smarter. I have to tell you I AM NOT ON A DIET. If you go on a diet of potions, pills and little tricks to try and lose weight you will return to your old ways of eating and pack on more pounds then you lost. The secret of weight loss... are you ready? Changing the way you think about food thus changing the way you consume it.
We are slapped in the face with food ads everywhere. None of which, by the way, are healthy choices for a new life style. I have a motto here lately, the more music, glitz and fast paced fun on a food commercial... the more unhealthy it is. Watch Next time, the fast paced commercials enticing you to buy are the unhealthiest. Just something to think about as you sit there with your slim fast wishing you had a Big Mac. This week I lost 1.6 pounds. I hope and pray you have a wonderful week and I hope to visit with you again soon, hopefully before next Thursday. So until next time, I will see you on the other side ~ Drew
      

No comments:

Post a Comment