Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I'm a grandpa?

If you would have told me 32 years ago as I was graduating from high school that I would someday be a grandfather I would have told you that is a long way off. At the time I didn't even have a girlfriend, no prospects even. But the time flies quickly. Here I am 50 years old, and yesterday I became a grandfather for the first time. Jonathan Robert Wohlford Jr. was brought into the world at 9:20 last night. 8 Pounds 14 ounces and 21 1/4 inches long. After seeing how big my daughter in law was she must have been all baby. I can hardly wait to see little Jon, but that has got to wait until later tonight. I am going to my new job on my day off from my old job and fill out my paper work. Then I will wait for my wife to come home so Brenda, Sarah and I can go up and see the baby.  I have no problem with you calling me grandpa but for some reason Brenda has a problem with being called grandma. I think its a psychological thing, she says there is only one person that should call her grandma and he can't speak yet. So off I go to get a shopping list together for tonight, rest my eyes for a little bit and then head up to the next job. Hope you all have a blessed day. Until next time I will see you on the other side ~ Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment